Re: uswsusp history lesson [was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability]

On Sunday 09 July 2006 02:02, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Sunday 09 July 2006 09:54, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!

> > > I agree for uncompressed images - I tried timing the writing of the image
> > > yesterday. I'm not sure about LZF though, because I couldn't get it to
> > > resume. I'd be interested to see it really be as fast as suspend2 with
> > > compression.
> >
> > Is there any way to help you? I assume normal swsusp resumes okay so
> > it is not driver problem?
>
> That's right. I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow, Lord willing. I
> have /dev/snapshot in my initrd but it gives that prompt asking for the
> device name. By the way, will it sit there foreever, or does that have a
> timeout?

You also need to have /dev/<your_resume_partition_name> as well as
/etc/suspend.conf in your initrd.

Plaese create an initrd with 'make install-resume-initrd' (it will create
the 'resume-initrd' file in /boot and make a copy of the existing one, if any)
and see what's there.

Rafael