Re: Suspend to RAM regression tracked down

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 08:55:02AM +1000, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
 > > If you're prepared to play around with 'git bisect' a little, it shouldn't
 > > take that many iterations, as you've already narrowed it down quite a lot.
 > >
 > > $ git bisect start drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_ondemand.c
 > > $ git bisect bad
 > > $ git bisect good v2.6.12-rc5
 > >
 > > should get you most of the way there.
 > >
 > > http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-bisect.html
 > > has more info.
 >
 > Could you give me a bit more info, since I've never used git before (I
 > only downloaded the git snapshots)? Also, if I understand correctly,
 > cpufreq_ondemand.c is the only file that could cause the problem. Is
 > that right? Also, is it possible to use an old version of it on a new
 > kernel?

Actually, before deep diving into chasing bugs in ondemand, we should
probably confirm that the same behaviour doesn't happen with a different
governor.  Can you try that ?   Try setting it to userspace, and then
running a userspace app like cpuspeed/powernowd etc.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk