lock-free rcu-based ref-counting patent applications...

Does anybody know if there are any patent applications for any of the
"existing" RCU-based reference counting techniques? In particular, any
counting algorithms that have fine granularity and do not use any atomic-ops
and/or membars... The existing RCU counting implementations that I have seen
use a per-object counter adjusted with CAS/membar, or actually defer count
adjustments until after sync epoch (rcu-grace)... Pretty expensive imho...

The reason I ask is because I have a patent application out on another
technique that gets around SMR's atomic-ops/membars and most of the caveats
that come along with RCU read-side "critical-regions"... I was just
wondering if anybody might be working on something similar... I remember
scouring through RCU/SMR-based ref-counting patents and applications during the
patent-feasibility study I did a couple of years ago... I did find anything
that was similar to my technique...