Re: Module link

Thanks Randy. Let me clarify it.

I have a driver module (NewSerialModule.ko) and I build it for module
load. This driver module uses i2c functions. It was fine to init this
module in kernel 2.4 as the i2c functions are exported in i2c Makefile.

In kernel 2.6, I loaded this module and got NULL point exception. I
checked the module map, all i2c functions are not linked. I also checked
i2c, there is no export for i2c in kernel 2.6. So, my question is how can
I link the dirvers/i2c to my driver module in drivers/char directory? How
to export a directory to be a library such as i2c? In general, how to link
another directory functions by a module in kernel 2.6?

Thank you.

Jim