Re: AVR32 architecture patch against Linux 2.6.18-rc1 available

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 03:14:16 -0700
Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:03:19 +0200
> Haavard Skinnemoen <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > [stuff]
> >

> OK, thanks.  Send me the whole lot when you think it's ready and
> we'll get it into the pipeline.  Not for 2.6.18 though - we need to
> give people time to look through it and send you nastygrams ;)

Great. I'll send you a patch when I get most/all the suggested changes
implemented.

> > > - How does one build a something->avr32 cross-toolchain?
> >
> > I've started writing up a "Getting Started" guide at
> > http://avr32linux.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GettingStarted. It's
> > mostly complete, although I haven't actually uploaded the toolchain
> > patches. I'll do that in a couple of minutes.
>
> OK, well the more you can do there the better - that way crazy people
> cross-compile for your architecture and save you work.

I've uploaded patches for the basic stuff like binutils and gcc.
I've also updated the Getting Started page so that it should at least be
possible to build the kernel by following the instructions there.

So, all you crazy people should be able to start breaking stuff now ;)

Håvard