Re: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats

Chris Sturtivant wrote:
> Shailabh Nagar wrote:
>
>> So here's the sequence of pids being used/hashed etc. Please let
>> me know if my assumptions are correct ?
>>
>> 1. Same listener thread opens 2 sockets
>>
>> On sockfd1, does a bind() using
>>     sockaddr_nl.nl_pid = my_pid1
>> On sockfd2, does a bind() using
>>     sockaddr_nl.nl_pid = my_pid2
>>
>> (one of my_pid1's could by its process pid but doesn't have to be)
>>

> For CSA, we are proposing to use a single (multi-threaded) demon that
> combines both the userland components for job and CSA that used to be in
> the kernel.  In this case, the pid will be the same for two connections
> along with the cpu range.  Does what your saying here mean that we
> should choose distinct values for my_pid1 and my_pid2 to avoid the two
> sockets looking the same?

Yes, that is my understanding and also whats mentioned in the bind()
section in
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7356

though I've yet to try it out myself (will do so shortly after
making the other suggested changes to the basic patch)

--Shailabh