Re: D-Link DUB-E100 Revision B1

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 03:33 +0200, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> Looks like D-Link is getting into the funny "change the chipset but leave the
> product name the same" game again.
>
> DUB-E100 cards up to Revision A4 work perfectly, Revision B1 doesn't work at
> all.
>
> The patch I've attached has the beginnings of a fix; unfortunately this
> trivialty doesn't fix it fully -- with the patch, the module loads, the MAC
> address is detected correctly, the LEDs go on, but pings don't get through
> yet.
>

> Chances are it needs some more messing with the .data and/or .flags
> parameters.

That's my guess as well.  It probably has a different GPIO configuration
than the other AX88772 devices.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to
find out what that configuration is.  A USB trace of the Windows driver
initializing the device would be extremely helpful to determine what is
necessary.  I've tried to contact DLink, but it seems to get in depth
technical info like that may take a lot of work.

--
David Hollis <[email protected]>