thank you, xfs team

hello there,

I hope this is not the wrong place, yet I have to write this now, before
I forget about it:

I had to swap a dying harddrive. after receiving many mails from the
smart daemon, recent kernel patches to xfs made me aware of the full
extent of the problem.

keywords:
- XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_RETURN
- Device: /dev/hda, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
- Device: /dev/hda, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors

the tools to copy what is still there (data) are a boon - they require
some reading, but the thing is doable (xfs_copy to good disk, then
xfs_dump from there)

yours

Hungerburg

--