Re: [Suspend2][ 0/9] Extents support.

Hi!

> > > That's not true. The compression and encryption support add ~1000 lines,
> > > as you pointed out the other day. If I moved compression and encryption
> > > support to userspace, I'd remove 1000 lines and:
> > >
> > > - add more code for getting the pages copied to and from userspace
> >
> > No, if your main loop is already in userspace, you do not need to add
> > any more code. And you'd save way more than 1000 lines:
> >
> > * encryption/compression can be removed
> >
> > * but that means that writer plugins/filters can be removed
> >
> > * if you do compress/encrypt in userspace, you can remove that ugly
> > netlink thingie, and just display progress in userspace, too
> >
> > ...and then, image writing can be moved to userspace...
> >
> > * swapfile support
> >
> > * partition support
> >
> > * plus their plugin infrastructure.
>
> That's going way beyond your inital suggestion. And you haven't responded to
> the other points (which have instead been deleted).

Well, you were arguing that in uswsusp only "thin layer" is in
userspace, and I think I've just shown you it is more thick than you
think.

Of course I deleted your other points, or did you really want me to
argue with "copying from userspace is slow"? Hint: memory is 3GB/sec,
while disk is 50MB/sec.
									Pavel