Re: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats

On Thu, 2006-29-06 at 18:13 -0400, Shailabh Nagar wrote:

> And now I remember why I didn't go down that path earlier. Relayfs is one-way
> kernel->user and lacks the ability to send query commands from user space
> that we need. Either we would need to send commands up through a separate interface
> (even a syscall) or try and ensure that the exiting genetlink interface can
> scale better with message volume (including throttling).

Refer to my other email - whatever it takes to store "bulk" data in the
kernel is subject to the constraint of the fact memory is finite.
You can send messages from the kernel in sizes constrained by the memory
socket size. You can tune the socket size.

cheers,
jamal