Re: [git pull] Input update for 2.6.17

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Greg KH wrote:

> Yes, if you have the UHCI driver loaded first, then when EHCI is loaded,
> it disconnects everything on the bus and re-enumerates it.
>
> But EHCI is built into the kernel first, before UHCI, so unless you are
> using modules, nothing should be getting disconnected at boot time.

Yeah, that's not it.

It _seems_ to be triggered by this:

	Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
	Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
	usb 5-1: USB disconnect, address 2
	usb 5-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
	Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.9
	usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb

> I really doubt you are using modules, so I don't know why it would be
> disconnected.

I'm actually using modules for the "don't care" things, like bluetooth.
But yeah, UHCI/EHCI are compiled-in.

> What does the kernel log show right before this happened?
> Any chance to enable CONFIG_USB_DEBUG?

Will try.

Sadly, grub is buggered on this machine (it's the mac mini) and I can't
switch kernels around easily, so when a kernel fails to boot, I have to go
into the rescue-CD thing etc. That makes it a bit painful.

But I've got netconsole to capture the logs, at least ;)

		Linus