Re: IPWireless 3G PCMCIA Network Driver and GPL

Ben Martel wrote:
Y'all,

I have had a look at the changes to the 2.6.1{6,7} kernel to do with the buffering and I think that this driver will benefit greatly from the changes away from the flip/flop scheme.

When Steve and I originally wrote the driver it always seemed to be limited throughput wise, due to the inefficient char handling it did.

Good luck in the 'hacking it for 2.6.1{6,7} department' let me know if I can help at all :)

BTW: Can someone tell me the version that you are changing - I may have a later version that fixes a problem with the V2 PCMCIA cards from IPWireless/T-Mobile.

I have version 1.0.1 - 28 Mar 2004, working with the 2.6.15 kernel, with some minor changes I made.

--
chmj

   ~benm