Re: [patch 2/6] [Network namespace] Network device sharing by view

Then you lose the ability for each namespace to have its own routing entries.
Which implies that you'll have difficulties with devices that should exist
and be visible in one namespace only (like tunnels), as they require IP
addresses and route.

I mean instead of having the route tables private to the namespace, the routes have the information to which namespace they are associated.

- keep a "flat" model where network ressources have a new identifier
which is the network namespace pointer. The idea is to move only some network informations private to the namespace (eg port range, stats, ...)

Sorry, I don't get the second idea with only some information private to
namespace.

How do you want TCP_INC_STATS macro look?

I was thinking in TCP_INC_STATS(net_ns, field) SNMP_INC_STATS(net_ns->tcp_stat, field)

In my concept, it would be something like
#define TCP_INC_STATS(field) SNMP_INC_STATS(current_net_ns->tcp_stat, field)
where tcp_stat is a TCP statistics array inside net_namespace.