Re: Passing references to kobjects between userland and kernel

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 01:53, Greg KH wrote:

> Why do you feel that this is a requirement?  What exactly are you trying
> to do?

I have my channels interconnect graph, nicely exported to sysfs, and I just
need an interface that an application could use to request connections
between two nodes of this graph.

The result of the connection is a pipeline object, also exported to sysfs,
that the application will use to do further work on the connection.

Currently I'm using an ioctl() but, given that ioctls seem to be a no-no for
future projects, given that there is great effort in having new and better
interfaces, I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to do what I need.

thanks,
Bye,

--
  Daniele Orlandi