Re: [RFC] CPU controllers?

Chandra Seetharaman wrote:

Resource Groups(CKRM) does allow threads to be in different Resource
Groups ( and since Resource Group assignment is dynamic, a thread can
move to a high priority resource group for a specific operation and get
back to its original resource group after the operation is complete).

Just wondering if that is sufficient or you _would_ need support from
NPTL.

The main issue is that the mapping between pthread_t and and PID is only known by NPTL. A thread can find it's own PID (for purposes of resource groups) but it can't find the PID of other threads given their pthread_t.

Essentially I'm looking for cpu-group equivalents to:

pthread_setschedparam()
pthread_getschedparam()
pthread_attr_setschedpolicy()
pthread_attr_getschedpolicy()

It's not absolutely critical, but we did add it to our current NPTL.

Chris