Re: batched write

On 6/19/06, Miklos Szeredi <[email protected]> wrote:
> I would think that batched write is pretty essential then to FUSE
> performance.

Well, yes essential if the this is the bottleneck in write throughput,
which is most often not the case, but sometimes it is.

I can vouch for this.  I did some experiments with an example FUSE
filesystem that discards the data in userspace.  Exporting such a
filesystem over NFS gives us 80 MB/s writes when FUSE is modified to
write with 32K block sizes.  With the standard FUSE (4K writes), we
get  closer to 50 MB/s.

Miklos

-Akshat