smp problems

Hello!
There is a bug (I suppose) in file linux/boot/i386/kernel/mpparse.c. I
have laptop Amilo L 7300 and during the kernel boot, I get:
SMP mptable: bad table version
BIOS bug, MP table errors detectd!...

And I just even have one processor. I had to remove kernel options
connected with lapic (added previously to kernel command line).
Some time ago Alan Cox said:

"No actually its our bug. Some BIOSes contain template SMP tables which have
intentionally incomplete data and no checksum. This is used by the BIOS to
generate a real table if SMP is present.

We should not be reporting a wrongly checksummed SMP table we should be
skipping it silently. This used to be right in 2.0 but someone has obviously
elevated debugging code too far since.

Alan"
(adapted from http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2006-March/msg01144.html)

So I think it should be fixed :). Thanks,
Greetings,
Jacek Jablonski