[ckpatch][0/29] 2.6.17-ck1 patches

Here is the patch queue for the patches going into 2.6.17-ck1. Why? People
have expressed interest in knowing what the heck all my patches are so I've
added changelogs and am posting them for perusal.

These patches were designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity
_but_ are plagued with the fundamental problem that I do not have a way of
measuring their effect and proving they help (except for better interbench
results for the staircase cpu scheduler).

Except for the patches that are already in -mm, these patches are _not_ being
pushed for mainline so please don't review them as such. The lack of some
benchmark to prove they help means I won't pursue mainline inclusion since
the abuse I'll get will probably kill me. Constructive comments, however, are
most welcome :)

--
-ck