Re: statistics infrastructure (in -mm tree) review

> b) Export statistic_add_counter(), statistic_add_histogram() and the like
>     as part of the programming API (maybe in addition to the flexible
>     statistic_add()) for those exploiters that definitively can't effort
>     branching into a function.
>
>     Loss in functionality (exploiting kernel code dictates how users see
> the data), a bit faster than option a).

(b) if anything. But do we really need all these weird options anyways?
For me it seems you're far overdesigning.

> What do you think? Did I miss an option?

I think your whole approach is about 10x too complicated.
The normal approach in Linux is to start simple and add complexity later as
needed.
You seem to try to do it the other way around.

-Andi