Re: Solve the problem that umount will fail when an opened file isn't closed

Thanks for that, Jan. What a great idea!

>I have implemented an auto-mount & auto-umount
facility based on USB
>hotplug.

Colin can you explain how you implemented this? I would like to try it, too.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Smullin
"The day I come in front of the Gartner audience and say we have a

--- Jan Engelhardt <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have implemented an auto-mount & auto-umount
facility based on USB
>hotplug.
>An annoying problem will occur when some process
doesn't close its open file
>and auto-umount is trying to umount that mount
point after usb disk has been
>unplugged.
>Is there any way to force it to be umounted in this
situation?

fs/super.c:

    /* Forget any remaining inodes */
    if (invalidate_inodes(sb)) {
        printk("VFS: Busy inodes after unmount of
%s. "
           "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice
day...\n",
           sb->s_id);
    }

That's what happens if you eject a CD. The box won't
explode though.

Jan Engelhardt