Re: NFSv3 client reordering RENAMEs

Janne Karhunen wrote:

On Thursday 15 June 2006 19:05, Peter Staubach wrote:

Possibly .. if someone first acks that this indeed would be
considered as bug and not as a feature :/
Yes, I believe that this would be considered to be a bug...

Looks that this is a vendor kernel issue, couldn't get it to
barf on mainline. Without any more knowledge of the extent of the problem testcase attached. Given that you suffer from
the problem you should occasionally see files vanishing.

Although this is a little timing dependent, it mostly should work.  How
long does it need to run before failures will be seen?  I have been running
it for about half an hour and it seems to be operating as I expected.

I would suggest reporting this issue to your vendor and see what they
have to say.

   Thanx...

      ps