Re: [UML] Problems building and running 2.6.17-rc4 on x86-64

http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/work/current/2.6/2.6.17-rc4/patches/jmpbuf
> > so that it builds).

> > Besides, the random segfault problems I had with previous guests
> > versions also seem to be fixed.

> These two problems are related, and were both on the host.  Bodo
> Stroesser reported a while ago that ptrace, by returning via sysret
> rather than iret, could cause register corruption when tracing
> sigreturn.

> The UML crash seems to have been caused by the fix to that problem.

If that problem has been fixed, this would imply that SKAS should
work on x86-64... or not? Well, I remember that problem being on IA32
emulation and IA32 wasn't included in the patch (for what I can see).
Can you ask more information about this? Also, could you verify if at
least with noprocmm and a host SKAS-V9 it works? Two things are to
check:
* Uml64 should use /proc/mm64 (unimplemented)
* Uml64 should use the right version of PTRACE_FAULTINFO (I don't
remember what I did, if I introduced PTRACE_EX_FAULTINFO or if I
directly added the missing trap_no field in PTRACE_FAULTINFO; please
verify).

I won't have the time to check this at least until the 22 June.

Bye