Re: 2.6.17: networking bug??

On 6/13/06, John Heffner <[email protected]> wrote:
Though I haven't gotten my hands on it, I believe Windows will soon have
this capability, too.  I'm sure Windows is big enough that whenever they
turn this on, it will flush out all these boxes pretty quickly.  We
could wait for them to do it first, that that's not my favored approach.

Yes, that appears to be the case with Windows Vista:
http://blogs.msdn.com/wndp/archive/2006/05/05/Winhec_blog_tcpip_2.aspx

*However*, they're also adding "black hole detection", for working
around broken boxes that drop ICMP. And that kinda makes me wonder how
long they're going to stick to their guns for enabling window scaling.
(For instance, if too many sites break, maybe they'll disable it again
with Vista Service Pack 1 or something.)
--
-Barry K. Nathan <[email protected]>