Re: pl2303 ttyUSB0: pl2303_open - failed submitting interrupt urb, error -28

Greg KH wrote:
..
It's a flaky thing.

No kidding.  Okay, it is also now failing for me with 2.6.16.18.

BUT.. with exactly that same binary kernel, it worked fine
not long ago --> but I've swapped out userland since then,
upgrading from Breezy to Dapper.  So something userland in Dapper
is triggering this failure, in a way that Breezy never did before.

This device has been quite usable until now (the upgrade to Dapper).

Known issue for years.  Either plug it directly into the USB 2.0 root
hub, or disable the ehci driver.

MMm.. yes, that makes some sense.  I have a pl2303 standalone that works fine,
but the one integrated into the 1.1 hub/dock is the one that fails.

If I plug the 1.1 hub/dock into another external hub, no problems.

Also, look in the -mm tree, there is a fix for this direct error, and
hopefully some ehci fixes that enable the whole thing to work properly.

Okay, I'll hunt for that.  Do you know of the exact patch?

Thanks