Re: VGER does gradual SPF activation (FAQ matter)

On Monday June 12, [email protected] wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 11:32:39AM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> > SPF is application level version of this type of source sanity
> > enforcement, and all that I intend to do is to publish that TXT
> > entry for VGER.  Analyzing SPF data in incoming SMTP reception
> > is a thing that I leave for latter phase  (how much latter,
> > I can't say yet.)
>
> In which case I have no option but to ask - Zwane, please stop using
> my systems to forward your lkml email - Matti's proposed change will
> potentially break that setup.

Of course you do have other options.

One is to take responsibility of the mail that you forward.  I don't
necessarily mean SRS - anything that makes the mail come from a domain
which claims your server as a valid sender will do.

Another option would be to arrange with the site that you are
forwarding mail to to trust you.

Exactly what option is best for you would depend a lot on the details
of your current setup - and Zwane's.

And certainly not forwarding mail for Zwane is an option.

But there *are* multiple options.

NeilBrown