Re: VGER does gradual SPF activation (FAQ matter)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Avi Kivity wrote:

> Can't it be corrected by having the thunk.org MTA relay messages from
> @mit.edu through the MIT MTA? Presumably the MIT MTA will only be open
> to authenticated users.

That isn't "corrected", but "broken even further".

What difference does it to the authenticity of the message or perhaps
its envelope make who the postman is and into which mailbox the letter
is posted?

Use something sane please, not SPF.

All the world break their mailers at Wong's command because a half-baked
idea is raved about without thinking.

It's bad enough GMX are posting SPF records - I disabled SPF on my
inbound path, because GMX enable a per-recipient configuration of this
nonsense - I can't opt out of their posting SPF records though...

There's no need to repeat David's arguments counter to SPF for me.
David's document says it all.

--
Matthias Andree