Re: klibc - another libc?

Hi,

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> But I see a reason for kinit *now*, in its current form - it's
> compatibility.  Later on, maybe the whole stuff can be removed entirely,
> to rely on external tools for booting.

The compatibility code is already in the kernel, just don't call it if
e.g. there's a /kinit in initramfs. We can add the hooks to the kernel to
pull whatever you want into the initramfs and with time we can remove
the old code.
Why create new (temporary?) compatibility code, if the current code is
working just fine?

bye, Roman