Re: klibc (was: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)

Hi.

Sorry for coming in late. I've only just resubscribed after my move.

Not sure who originally said this...

> > > problems it entails.)  The initial code to have removed
> > > is the root-mounting code, with all the various ugly
> > > mutations of that (ramdisk loading, NFS root, initrd...)

Could I get more explanation of what this means and its implications? I'm
thinking in particular about the implications for suspending to disk. Will it
imply that everyone will _have_ to have an initramfs with some userspace
program that sets up device nodes and so on, even if at the moment all you
have is root=/dev/hda1 resume2=swap:/dev/hda2?

Along similar lines, I had been considering eventually including support for
putting an image in place of the initrd (for embedded).

Regards,

Nigel