PCIE region size issue?

Hi.

I purchased an AMD64 laptop last December, and have never had perfect success
in getting suspend to disk to work reliably. I thought maybe I had a bug in
Suspend2, but careful diagnosis kept pointing in the direction of drivers. In
addition, from time to time, the screen goes plain white and the system stops
responding, requiring a hard power off.

The other day, I saw a report of bios settings for the uma aperature not
matching what Linux was detecting. I checked my machine, and found that this
issue is occuring here. If I set the bios to 32 meg, lspci says it's 64, and
so on. If I set the bios to 256 meg, the system is unbootable. (Forgive me if
my terminology is a bit messed up - I'm not a pci expert!).

I've seen a number of other reports of issues with pci region sizes, not
always graphics related.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/32870-pci-failed-allocate-mem-resource-error-pcie-fc3-64bit.html
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42597&page=5

I'm therefore wondering, could there be some bug in the sizing of regions
that's leading to the sizes being doubled?

I have also emailed my laptop manufacturer to see if there are any bios
updates available.

Regards,

Nigel
--