Re: Linux kernel development

On 6/5/06, Horst von Brand <[email protected]> wrote:
Paolo Ciarrocchi <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 6/5/06, Horst von Brand <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

> > Could you add a README (including contact info, etc), and perhaps a TODO
> > (and a copy of SubmittingPatches, which I assume applies here too?) to the
> > project? A license for the text is required, AFAIU (GPLv2, or one of the
> > Creative Commons licenses perhaps?).
>
> Not and exepert in this area, I think I'll release it under GPL2.

Did you write all (most) of it? If not, you'd have to ask the original
author(s).

BTW, thinking it over in the shower today, if/when this is translated into
asciidoc(1) (or whatever), a "source code" license (like GPLv2) would be
appropiate IMHO. Besides, using the same license as what it describes is
sensible.

> What's the normal approach? Can I just add:
> #             This document is distribuited under
> #             GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
> #                    Version 2, June 1991
> #               http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
>
> To the text?

The license text spells it out ;-)

I would add language to that effect to the README file, and bundle the
standard COPYING file with the package

Modified and pushed out, since part of the document is from inkernel
documentation I choose GPL v2.

Thanks!

--
Paolo