RE: ANNOUNCE: Linux UWB and Wireless USB project

>From: Pavel Machek [mailto:[email protected]]
>
>> Intel is pleased to announce the launch of a project to
>> implement Linux kernel support for upcoming hardware that
>> complies with the WiMedia Ultra Wide Band (UWB) and Wireless
>> USB standards.
>
>Does wireless usb also supply power as wired USB does? ;-)

Hmmm...business idea :)

>> UWB is a high-bandwidth, low-power, point-to-point radio
>> technology using a wide spectrum (3.1-10.6HGz).  It is
>
>How much power is low power?

For what I know (and I could be wrong) max is around -40dBm/MHz
in the US. I am no expert in the nitty-gritty radio details, but
I've been told that is 3000 times less emissions than a common
cellphone, around .1 uW? [this is where my knowledge about radio
*really* fades].

>> You are welcome to contribute!
>
>Is there any hardware available?

I think some companies are starting to make PDKs available this
summer, but YMMV.

-- Inaky