2.6.18 hdrinstall (Re: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)

On Sunday, 4. June 2006 22:50, Andrew Morton wrote:
> git-hdrcleanup.patch
> git-hdrinstall.patch
>
>  This is Dave Woodhouse's work cleaning up the kernel headers and adding a
>  `make headerinstall' target which automates the exporting of kernel
>  headers as a userspace-usable package.
>
>  All I can say about this is that it doesn't appear to break anything and
>  is ready to merge from that point of view.  It's not an area in which I
>  have much interest or knowledge.

I've played with it and rebuilt all of Ark Linux (around 5000 packages) with
glibc-kernheaders replaced with make headerinstall-ed headers, no problems at
all (except some stupid apps thinking BITS_PER_LONG is supposed to be
defined, but they were probably broken with the last couple of
glibc-kernheaders releases as well).

So from a user's perspective, it's ready.