Re: SMP HT + USB2.0 crash

Please attach another log without NVIDIA ever having being loaded. This is a
technical forum, we need precise facts "nvidia has not been loaded", not
vague recollections "nvidia probably wasn't loaded some time before".

that's not just a vague recollection: nvidia 7174 from debian's nvidia
legacy source
could not be even compiled and therefore also was certainly
not loaded for 2.6.16.19. But for this special occasion I am going to
reproduce this sucker on 2.6.16.19 once again with quite minimal
stuff compiled in. I can even connect serial cable and get a laptop
capture the bloody oops just to find out which kernel boot option is
for serial console :(

Secondly, I highly recommend running memtest86 on your system for at least a
couple of passes. You can download an ISO from the homepage and boot it from
a CD. If this fails, you have faulty memory.

hmm I don't know why I didn't use memtest86. but I usually test memory on
new machine linux, by continuously gzip-ing and ungzip-ing
4GB file for 2 days and verify if the beginning
and the end file  are the same memory, CPU and a bit of
hardware handling them together should be good...