Re: [patch 1/3] acpi: dock driver v6

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:20 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Kristen Accardi <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Changed from last version:
>
> It would be much preferred if you could issue patches against the previous
> version please (ie: the thing in -mm), instead of reissuing the patch each
> time.

Sorry, another maintainer I routinely post patches too always preferred
me to just redo the whole patch so that he could just drop the old one.
I'll change my procedure for this patch.  If you do have a set of
guidelines for when to know whether to redo entire patches vs. patch
your patch so to speak, it'd be educational for me to hear it - as it is
I just get trained by the person I usually submit to and adopt his
process, making things work really well for me submitting to him, but
probably not so well for me when I submit to others.

I also usually patch/test against 2.6-git - mainly because I imagined
that this hopefully limits weird bugs to problems that I've actually
introduced instead of someone elses bugs - which is why I didn't notice
that acpi_os_free had been removed (although even if it hadn't I
shouldn't be using it anyway - ugh.).  Thanks for fixing the mistake,
looks like I should test against -mm and -git in the future.

Kristen