Re: Question on Space.c

On Monday 29 May 2006 19:05, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> On 29/05/06, Nick Warne <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I saw Space.o being build, and seeing as it is Capitalised thought I
> > would see why, and maybe a patch to make it all lower case.
>
> [snip]
>
> > I have looked though docs and googled as to why this One File Is Like
> > This to no avail?  Convention?
>
> The normal convention is for filenames to be all lowercase except for
> some special ones like "Makefile", "Kconfig", "README" etc (although
> there are a few exceptions,for source files, like
> drivers/scsi/NCR5380.c, include/asm-m68knommu/MC68328.h,
> drivers/block/DAC960.c and others).
> To find some more, try this in the kernel source dir : find ./ -name
> "[A-Z]*"
>
> It would make sense to me personally to rename this one, but it's not
> my call and besides it'll open a whole can of worms about whether or
> not to rename the other ones...

Well, I don't think so.  Apart from the really conventional file names
(Makefile et al), the others you mentioned are abbreviations*, so it is
obvious.  Now Ncr5380.c would be a different kettle of fish...

Nick
* abbreviation: a long word used to describe a short word used in place of a
long word.
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb