Re: Should we make dmi_check_system case insensitive?

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
I have a request to add entry for "LifeBook B Series" to lifebook driver to
accomodate lifebook B2545, however we already have entry for "LIFEBOOK B
Series" (used by some other model) which is not working. Would anyone
be opposed making dmi_check_system() ignore string case? We would have to
malloc/copy both strings and lowercase them before doing stsstr...

I was thinking that something like this would eventually be necessary. My mind even wandered into the land of wildcards and regexes...

But be wary... DMI stuff is often used early enough that memory allocation may be a bad idea (it seems to use a special dmi_alloc function, at the very least).

	Jeff