Re: Stradis driver conflicts with all other SAA7146 drivers

Jiri Slaby <[email protected]> writes:

> Christer Weinigel napsal(a):
> > fixed in the driver.  If the card doesn't have a subvendor/subdevice,
> > is there some way of doing a sanity check on the board to see if it
> > actually is a stradis card and then release the board if it isn't?
> Unfortunately not.

Why not?  There's an I2C bus with a bunch of devices on it.  Isn't it
possible to do an I2C scan and if it doesn't match what's supposed to
be on the card fail the probe and release the PCI resources?

If there is no FPGA or the FPGA fails to respond, that should also be
a fairly good indicator that it is not a stradis board.

And it seems that at least some of the cards have a value in the
subvendor field since the driver says "SDM2xx found" if
pdev->subsystem_vendor is nonzero.  So how common are the rev1 boards
(which I assume have zeroes in the subvendor/subdevice fields) and
what does "lspci -vn" for the SDM2xx boards say?

  /Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <[email protected]>  http://www.weinigel.se