Thinkpad port replicator's PS/2 mouse port broken

Hello

Booting Ubuntu with 2.6.12 kernel, the internal trackpoint and the external
mouse connected to the port replicator's mouse port work fine. Booting Gentoo
with 2.6.14 kernel, only the internal mouse (trackpoint) works. It produces
output to /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice, whereas the mouse connected to the
port replicator's mouse port does not.

Booting Gentoo with 2.6.12, both mouses again work, and catting /dev/psaux
and /dev/input/mice produce characters.

The machine is a Thinkpad T22. There must have happened something in kernel
development between 2.6.12 and 2.6.14 that broke the port replicator's PS/2
mouse port. Is there anything I could try to fix this?

There is only a keyboard PS/2 port at the back of the machine per se. I have
no idea if mouse works in that port. The point is, the mouse is not working
in the port replicator's mouse port with 2.6.14 and newer kernels. The
replicator has both PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports.

I have no idea if the external mouse will work with 2.6.13 but unless someone
comes up with the idea of the cause, I can try it if requested.

Please CC all answers to me

-Kimmo Sundqvist