Re: AMD AM2 Compatibility?

On Friday 26 May 2006 16:52, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Just wondering if the Linux kernel is compatible with the new AM2 socket
> processors and motherboards yet? Or is this too bleeding edge?

If you're thinking about investing in this platform (I personally wouldn't
recommend investing in a chipset architecture at launch, but I guess if
people have money and time to burn..), just go for it. The transition from
nForce3 S754 to nForce4 S939 was unnoticable, and I suspect (especially for
NVIDIA boards) that the transition between S939 and AM2 sockets will be
negligible. You might find some hardware doesn't work at launch, but you can
help the list fix that up.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

Third year Computer Science undergraduate.