Re: : unclean backward scrolling

Hi,

On 5/26/06, Antonino A. Daplas <[email protected]> wrote:
Nick Warne wrote:
> Hmmmph.
>
> I get this problem, and always have, but I always put it down to my system.
>
> I run Slackware 10, and this has always happened to me from 2.6.2
> upwards on CRT 1024x768 and later TFT 1280x1024 dvi.
>
> I use[d] in lilo:
>
> # VESA framebuffer console @ 1280x1024x?k
> vga=794
> # VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k
> #vga=791
>
> So you are not alone.
>
> Nick
>
> On 21/05/06, Antonio <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the radeonfb driver with a radeon 7000 with the frambuffer
>> at 1280x1024 on a i386 system, with a 2.6.16.17 kernel. At boot time,
>> if I stop the messages with CTRL+s and try look the previous messages
>> with CTRL+PagUp (backward scrolling) the screen become unreadable. In
>> fact some lengthier lines are not erased scrolling backward and some
>> random characters a overwritten instead. So it's very difficult to
>> read the messages.
>>
>> I don't have such problem with the frambuffer at 1024x768.
>>
>> All the previous kernels I've tried have this problem (at least up to
>> 2.6.15).
>>
>> If someone can look at this issue I can provide further information.
>>
>> Many Thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,

Can you try this patch and let me know if this fixes the problem?

Tony

PATCH: Fix scrollback with logo issue immediately after boot.
[cut]

This patch fixes completely the problem for me. Many thanks!

Is going to be included in mainline anytime soon?

Many thanks again, I've really appreciated your help.

Cheers,

 ~ Antonio