Re: swapper: page allocation failure. - random reboot problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Piggin" <[email protected]>
To: "Haar János" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: swapper: page allocation failure. - random reboot problem

> Haar János wrote:

OK, what do you recommend? :-)

> If it is a software problem, then if you can narrow it down further
> (eg. kernel 2.6.15 worked, 2.6.16 did not), or find a reproducable
> test case for it, then some more progress might be made.

Yes, you have right!
I try it allready, but i cannot step back enough, because my sata card works
only on 2.6.16+

Before i use the promise sata cards, and the sata 300G hdds, i use 2.6.15
kernel, and all my 4 nodes was really stable.
But this is not enough to exactly find the problem. :-(

Anyway, Hetbert Xu helps me a lot to track down the problem, but we only can
close out some thing.
If i have right, the problem is about libata, promise driver,
sata-error-handling or similar, but not so sure.

If there is no way to software debug, i will swap all the 12 hdd between 2
disk nodes, and this can show i have right, or not.

Cheers,
Janos