Re: How should Touchscreen Input Drives behave (OpenEZX pcap_ts)

Am Donnerstag, den 18.05.2006, 10:52 +0100 schrieb Richard Purdie:
> Just send the raw data to userspace. Any translations needed can be
> handled in userspace by the calibration program. You probably want to
> have a look at tslib: http://cvs.arm.linux.org.uk/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/tslib/

Right. We have very good experience with tslib. The kdrive xserver
supports it and we recently added tslib support to Qt/Embedded (Opie)
and to Evas (EFL).

> Calibration happens in userspace and tslib stores the result
> in /etc/pointercal. If you device has this data stored in hardware, you
> could have a userspace app translate that data into such a file,
> otherwise, you can run a calibration program such as ts_calibrate (from
> tslib) or something like xtscal.

ts_calibrate does a good job. It's pretty easy to use the calibration
API and we have added customized calibration utilities in Opie, GPE and
E to make the calibration phase match the look and feel with the main
GUI.

> I'm told you're thinking about using OpenEmbedded and would highly
> recommend it. It should easily be able to provide a known working
> userspace with tslib and these tools in.

I agree.

--
Regards,

Mickey.