Re: swapper_space export

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 07:24:43PM -0400, Josef Sipek wrote:
> I was trying to compile the Unionfs[1] to get it up to sync it up with
> the kernel developments from the past few months. Anyway, long story
> short...swapper_space (defined in mm/swap_state.c) is not exported
> anymore (git commit: 4936967374c1ad0eb3b734f24875e2484c3786cc). This
> apparently is not an issue for most modules. Troubles arise when the
> modules include mm.h or any of its relatives.
>
> One simply gets a linker error about swapper_space not being defined.
> The problem is that it is used in mm.h.
>
> I included a reverse patch to export the symbol again.

Can we discuss this patch when Unionfs gets submitted for inclusion into
the kernel?

It's in fact a good thing if you and other people regularly notice that
external modules do not longer work here or there since it creates
pressure towards getting external modules submitted for inclusion into
the kernel.

> Josef "Jeff" Sipek.

cu
Adrian