Re: /dev/random on Linux

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:15, you wrote:
> >> I would dismiss 2.2 for the cases of things like Knoppix because
> >> CDs introduce significant randomness because each time you boot
> >> the CD is subtly differently positioned. The OpenWRT case seems
> >> more credible.

I think most (all?) of the machines, OpenWRT runs on, are running
a bcm43xx wireless chip. This chip has a hardware random number
generator. patches to utilize it recently went into -mm.
But I must admit, we don't know how it generates random numbers.
But someone did some RNG tests on it in the past (I think it was
Johannes).