Re: [RFT] major libata update

Wakko Warner wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
After much development and review, I merged a massive pile of libata
patches from Tejun Heo and Albert Lee.  This update contains the
following major libata

CHANGES:
* Rewritten error handling. This is a major piece of work, even
  though it will be rarely seen.  The new libata EH provides the
  foundation for not only improved error handling, but also new features
  such as device hotplug or command queueing. (Tejun Heo)

* PIO-based I/O is now IRQ-driven by default, rather than polled
  in a kernel thread.  The polling path will continue to exist for
  controllers that need it, and other special cases. (Albert Lee)

* Core support for command queueing (Jens Axboe, Tejun Heo)

* Support for NCQ-style command queueing (Jens Axboe, Tejun Heo)

* Increase max-sectors dramatically, for LBA48 devices (Tejun Heo?)

* Other minor changes, from myself and others.

How about PATA?  Specifically intel's IDE chip.  I have a machine that I can
blow the hard drive away if I want to.

Always helpful. ata_piix should support Intel PATA controllers, modulo some bugs that Alan is fixing / has fixed. If your PCI ID isn't listed, you will have to add it, and an associated info entry. Again, take a look at Alan's libata PATA patches for guidance.

	Jeff