Re: [RFT] major libata update

Tomasz Torcz wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:00:06PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
After much development and review, I merged a massive pile of libata
patches from Tejun Heo and Albert Lee.  This update contains the
following major libata

  Any plans to merge http://home-tj.org/wiki/index.php/Sil_m15w ? Or
maybe it's merged already?
  Seagate firmware update seems to be available only for OEMs, so this
quirk is pretty helpful for end users.

Its a question of staging. This still lives in the 'sii-m15w' branch of libata-dev.git, but if we throw too many _classes_ of changes into the same big lump, then it becomes much more difficult to discern which changes caused which failures.

Since sata_sil has seen several changes, and since the sii-m15w problems are so difficult to diagnose properly, its easier to separate that out.

	Jeff