Re: Linux v2.6.17-rc4

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
On Friday 12 May 2006 00:44, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Ok, I've let the release time between -rc's slide a bit too much again,
but -rc4 is out there, and this is the time to hunker down for 2.6.17.

If you know of any regressions, please holler now, so that we don't miss
them.

-rc4 itself is mainly random driver fixes (sound, infiniband, scsi,
network drivers), but some splice fixes too and some arch (arm, powerpc,
mips) updates. Shortlog follows,

Linus,

I've got an oops in the forcedeth driver on shutdown. Sorry for the crappy camera phone pictures, this board doesn't have RS232 ports:

http://devzero.co.uk/~alistair/oops-20060512/

It was initially difficult to reproduce, but I found I could do so reliably if I ssh'ed into the box and halted it remotely, then it would always oops on shutdown. I assume this is because the driver is still active when something happens to it during halt.

There's been just a single commit since -rc3:

forcedeth: fix multi irq issues
ebf34c9b6fcd22338ef764b039b3ac55ed0e297b

However, it could have just been hidden since before -rc3, so I'll try to work backwards if nobody has any immediate ideas..

The interrupt handler could be called during the same time (on different cpu) the dev->stop function is clearing out the rings (nv_txrx_reset).