Re: [ANNOUNCE] libata: new EH, NCQ, hotplug and PM patches against stable kernel

Tejun Heo wrote:
Stefan Smietanowski wrote:
Randy.Dunlap wrote:
* New error handling
* IRQ driven PIO (from Albert Lee)
* SATA NCQ support
* Hotplug support
* Port Multiplier support

BTW, we often use PM to mean Power Management.
Could we find a different acronym for Port Multiplier support,
such as PMS or PX or PXS?

Ok, maybe not PMS ?

Can you imagine a bug report from someone that "has problem with PMS"?
:)

Would be fun though.  :)

I thought about using another acronym for port multiplier too. But the spec uses that acronym all over the place, PM, PMP (Port Multiplier Portnumber), which reminds me of USB full/high speed fiasco.

Urghh... I thought we could use power for power management inside libata but that might be a bad idea. So, PMS?

PMS is fine. I encouraged the use of "UFO" for "UDP Fragmentation Offload" in network driver land, and it stuck.

This is Linux, we like to have fun around here :)

	Jeff