Re: rt20 patch question

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2006, Mark Hounschell wrote:
>
> > Mark Hounschell wrote:
> >
> >  After this one my network connection into the emulation was broken
> > BTW.

Crap! I read your email too quick and didn't notice this.

The patch I sent you would probably only fix the warning, and not the bug.

Don't do the patch yet.  Could your run it again, and after it does the
bug, and you lose the network connection, could you do a sysrq-t to get
the state of the tasks.  You need sysrq turned on in the config.

Ingo,

If soft and hard irqs are threaded on a non PREEMPT_RT kernel?  Is it ok
to call schedule in a softirq thread?  Specifically, it's the disable_irq
that's causing the problem.

Thanks,

-- Steve