Re: [RFC] Update/kill Documentation/sysctl/* docs?

El Wed, 10 May 2006 23:37:28 -0700,
Andrew Morton <[email protected]> escribió:

> I'd have thought that keeping everything in Documentation/sysctl/*.txt and
> killing proc.txt would be the best approach?
>
> But I haven't looked into it much.  You have - what approach are you
> recommending?

Well, filesystems/proc.txt is somewhat more updated than sysctl/* - 2.4
vs 2.2 (sic) (and some small 2.6 updates spread in both places). However,
filesystems/* should only contain IMO docs about the filesystem themselves
not about the data in the filesystems, and proc.txt only documents
sysctls, nothing else.

So I guess the Right Thing would be to move proc.txt to
Documentation/sysctl, and use e-violence to make people update the
non-documented parts ;) (And apparently there's more sysctl stuff lost
in the noise like networking/ip-sysctl.txt, etc)

I'll try to move everything to sysctl/ and will post a RFC about it.

(Wouldn't have sense to have a Documentation/sysfs directory documenting
the sysfs interfaces aswell?)